Friday, April 22, 2016

My Feet on His Perfect Path for Me

Today I'm thankful for...



Today I'm embarking on the journey
of loving my body again.
Today I'm choosing to
be thankful for my feet.
They have done so much for me!
They've carried me through life.
They explore the farm,
the neighborhood, and school
when I was child.
They've traveled to China where
they walked on paths old and new.
God put my feet on that path,
so I would be able to become
a teacher and change lives.
They've run a marathon, many half marathons,
relay races and a few feet to comfort family
and friends in need.
They've carried the weight of so much.
They are scarred and callused,
but are amazing!


The Word...

I have searched everywhere to find the artist of this painting, but haven't found him/her.
If you know who he/she is, will you please leave a comment or email me!

"And straightway Jesus constrained his disciples
to get into a ship, and to go before him unto the other side,
while he sent the multitudes away..." (Matt. 14:22)

"And when even was now come, his disciples
went down unto the sea,
And entered into a ship, and went over the
sea toward Capernaum. And it was now dark,
and Jesus was not come to them.
And the sea arose by reason of
a great wind that blew.
So when they had rowed about five and
 twenty or thirty furlongs, they see
Jesus walking on the sea, and
drawing night unto the ship and they were afraid.
(John 6:16-19)

"But straightway Jesus spake unto them,
saying, Be of good cheer; it is I;
be not afraid. And Peter answered him
and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come
unto thee on the water.
And he said, Come.
And when Peter was come down out of the ship,
he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
But when he saw the wind boisterous,
he was afraid; and beginning to sink,
he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
And immediately Jesus stretched
forth his hand, and caught him,
and said unto him, O thou of
little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
And when they were come into the ship,
the wind ceased."(Matt. 14:27-32)


On my heart today...

So I used two different books of
scripture to record this story here.
I did this because I feel that they
each told different important
details that the other book did not.

I've been wanting to write my thoughts
about this scripture and picture
for weeks, but was having a hard
time sitting down to write.
I was talking to a friend about
how I had been feeling depressed
and because of this I was feeling
guilty because I have the tools
to use to help myself,
I knew they would help,
but I couldn't seem to find
the motivation to do anything.
Then I remembered this story
and a similar story after Christ
has been resurrected and Peter
jumps out of the boat and swims
to the shore.
I interpret that to mean that Peter
knew how to swim that day
he walked on water and then
began to sink and called for the
Savior to save him.
I felt like I could relate to
that because I feel surrounded by
these boisterous waves and I know
how to swim, but I'm sinking and
about to drown.
I could use what I know, but
I can't seem to remember how.
When I am feeling this way,
there is only one way to survive,
call on my Redeemer to save me!
He will "immediately" stretch out
His hand to save me.
He will pull me from the water
and walk with me back to my boat,
even while we continue to be surrounded
by the storm and the waves.
I love that part too.
The storm doesn't stop when Christ
pulls Peter from the water.
It continued until they got back to
the boat.

Just because our lives/trials continue on
after we've cried for help,
doesn't mean the Savior hasn't saved us!
He is walking next to us,
asking us to trust Him!
Isn't that the most beautiful
 thing you've ever heard!



No comments:

Post a Comment