Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Cultivate Joy

I'm sitting here full of so many
things I'd like to share with you,
but I'm scared too.
It's been a month since I last
wrote here on this space.
My last post was hard to share.
I think that has something
to do with me not posting
since that day.

But today!
Today as I sit here in 
my living room typing these
words, I can see my reflection
in the computer screen.
I'm wearing my Fight Like Girls shirt.
The boxing glove is cheering me on.
Inviting me to continue to share.

Gratitude!

First of all, gratitude!

I have so much to be grateful for!

Family
My husband has a job.
L
MHG
A warm house to live in
Diet Coke
Scriptures
Prophets and Apostles
Prayer
Answers to prayer

...And so much more!

The Word

Psalm 16:8,11

"I have set the Lord always before me: 
because he is at my right hand, 
I shall not be moved...
Thou wilt shew me the path of life: 
in thy presence is fulness of joy;..."


On My Heart

These came this past week:

My 2017 Powersheets and Simplified Planner.
Before when I've gotten them,
it's been beyond exciting,
and I've jumped right in to using them.
This year I noticed that I didn't
feel that excitement and joy
that I usually do when they come.
This along with conversations
with several people have 
helped me see that I get to
cultivate more joy in my life.

So I've started researching "Joy"
in the scriptures and other
LDS church resources.
I've learned so much about joy,
and I'm only just getting started!
The one talk that I found that 
summarizes what I've learned
was by President Russell M. Nelson
in October 2016 General Conference.

Here are a few things I've found that 
can help me cultivate joy in my life:

-Look to the Savior in every thought
-Repent and use the Atonement
-Focus on the Plan of Salvation
-Give thanks
-Keep my covenants
-Choose Heavenly Father as my God
-Nurture my spouse
-Guide my children
-Forgive
-Ask for forgiveness
-Choose celestial laws
-Help others come to Christ

So in an effort to cultivate more joy
in my life, I am going to start
now instead of waiting for the new year
on doing some of these things.
I'm going to work on living a more
Christ-centered life!

I will also be working through the prep work
in my 2017 Powersheets in December.
If you would like to order some Powersheets,
I would love to have some friends to do 
them with for some accountability.
Click here to order yours and use the code 
"flourishonpurpose" for 10% off.
Hurry because they are going fast!

I'll be sharing as I complete them
on my stories on Instagram.
Follow me: @uncoveringstrength




No comments:

Post a Comment