Tuesday, October 3, 2017

He Walks with Me


The past few months
I've been struggling with
depression and anxiety.
I've cried out in prayer for solace
and been given some amazing
experiences to remind me
to trust in God and to find
answers in the scriptures.



One scripture that has touched me
is the story of Peter walking on water.
Peter follows the Savior's invitation to "Come."
He walks on water towards Christ,
but then looks around and sees the
boisterous wind.
He gets scared and starts to sink.
He cries out to the Lord.
"And immediately Jesus stretched forth
his hand, and caught him, and
said unto him, O thou of little faith,
wherefore didst thou doubt?"
The next verse is my favorite part of this story!
"And when they were come into the ship,
the wind ceased."

The Lord DOESN'T stop the boisterous wind from blowing.
It kept blowing until AFTER they got to the ship!
The Lord DOES walk with Peter back to the ship.

This story has become a reality in my life.
I started doubting my worth and my purpose.
I was drowning in doubt, depression and anxiety.
I cried out asking the Lord to save me.
He stretched forth his hand that very moment
and gave me what I needed to walk again.
He didn't stop my storm.
I still am struggling with depression and anxiety,
but he has been walking with me.
He has been talking to me.
He has been leading me to the people
and things that I have needed to
build my faith in this season of my life.
I know He will continue to walk with
me through this storm!
He is my strength.
He is full of Grace!
He is the Only Way to find
lasting peace and happiness
even in the storms of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment