Thursday, April 21, 2016

Arise and Shine Forth

Today I am thankful for...



I was flipping through the photos
on my phone this morning
and found this.
It's a bit fuzzy
since it was dark in the room.
It made me smile.
I'm so grateful for this
little ray of sunshine in my life!
This was the morning 
I woke her up at 2:45 a.m.
to change her diaper.
She wouldn't sleep 
without me holding her 
after that.
I thought around 4:30
that she finally was asleep
in her own bed,
but as soon as I climbed in
my bed she started crying again.
My-Handsome-Guy got up with her.
But when he had to get ready for work,
I took her to cuddle in my bed,
which I never do because
I'm hoping not to have
a kid who climbs into my bed
in the middle of the night.
I was just too tired.
She fell asleep and stayed asleep
for a couple hours.
When she woke up
she was super happy.
We laid there laughing
and giggling and
cuddling.
It was a good moment.
Looking back on it makes me smile:0)!


The Word...



"Verily I say unto you all:
Arise and shine forth,
that thy light may be
a standard for the nations."
~D&C 115:5

Every year I choose a word 
to help inspire me for the year.
This year no matter what
word I tried it never felt 
quite right.
Until I saw a post from 
a friend sharing her word 
for the year: RISE!
It totally spoke to my heart!
God is so good at
helping us find answers!

Rise is the perfect word
for my 2016.
I've been feeling
down in the dumps
and get to find help
through my Savior to 
RISE 
up and shine.
To be who He created
me to be.

On my heart today...

Today I saw an old picture of myself
from four years ago.
It made me really depressed and sad.
It was a picture of my sister-in-law, her sister and me
right before we ran the Salt Lake Half Marathon.
I looked super skinny.
I realized once again that I have gained
almost 40 pounds since I got pregnant with L.
Most of it I gained after I had her last July.
After allowing myself to be sad about it,
I realized that I need to be more thankful
for my body and all it has gone through since
November 2014.
It grew a 5 lb 13 oz baby for crying out loud!
Then it fed that baby for 8ish weeks.
It has gotten up many times 
in the middle of the night
to feed, comfort, and cuddle
that precious spirit.
It's probably never going 
to be the same as it once was.
I get to work on treating it better.
Feeding it better.
Exercising it, so it can have more energy.
Being grateful for the little miracle
it gave me named L.
It gave me one of my biggest dreams.
It gave me one of my biggest blessings.
So today, I am choosing to be more
thankful for this body 
I call home.
This temple I get to live in!

I know from experience that
when I am more thankful for it
and treat it well
that it can do more 
than I ever dreamed possible.
Time to shift my mindset!

No comments:

Post a Comment