Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Grace in the Little Things 7/100

Today I am thankful for...



Today I'm feeling really thankful
that I'm able to read the book
The Christ-Centered Home.
Yesterday when I was writing 
about tender mercies it got me
thinking about all the little things
in the day that help me know He loves me.
Today I was reading in the chapter
"A Household of Grace"
and saw the quote above.
I'd never thought to hard about
this, but those tender mercies
are a form of His grace.

The word...


GRACE in the Bible Dictionary

"The main idea of the word is divine means of help or strength, given through the bounteous mercy and love of Jesus Christ...It is...through the grace of the Lord that individuals, through faith in the Atonement of Jesus Christ and repentance of their sins, receive strength and assistance to do good works that they otherwise would not be able to maintain if left to their own means. This grace is an enabling power that allows men and women to lay hold to eternal life and exaltation after they have expended their own best efforts."

When we have
FAITH in the ATONEMENT and REPENT,
the Lord's Grace will
STRENGTHEN us
and ASSIST us
in doing good works that we 
wouldn't be able to do by ourselves.
Everyone needs grace to make up
for all the stuff we can't do by ourselves.
It ENABLES us to keep our covenants
and to do all the things Heavenly Father
wants us to do.

I  CAN'T DO IT ALONE! 
I need the Lord's Grace to make up
for all that I lack!
It is a huge part of finding and receiving
strength to make it through the hard times
and even the not so hard things.

On my heart...


So something else I read in The Christ-Centered Home
in the same chapter as above,
was a great idea about a "Book of Evidences."
It was a book she started with her family
where they would write down all the evidences 
of the Lord's Grace and tender mercies 
throughout the week/day.
I realized that I have a notebook that
I've been using as my gratitude journal recently.
I'm going to go one step further and instead of 
just writing down one thing I'm thankful for,
I'm going to start making lists of 
daily tender mercies that remind me 
the Lord is taking care of me.
I'm going to include a few things
big and small:0):
prayers that have been answered,
little things I'm grateful for,
how I feel when I receive promptings
from the Lord,
how I feel when I follow those promptings.
It's amazing how much love and goodness
you can find in your life when you really
look at all the little things.
Will you join me?

Here is my list so far today:

L's sleepy smile just before she closed her eyes to sleep.
A few quiet minutes I had to study my Book of Mormon.
Learning more about grace in The Christ-Centered Home.
No rain during recess today!
A class who listened very well today.
Math lessons went smooth today.

God is good! He loves and strengthens me!

No comments:

Post a Comment