Saturday, April 30, 2016

My Soul Hungered 11/100

Today I'm thankful for...


Today I'm feeling very grateful for good friends.
Last night was our (usually) monthly recipe night.
We get together to share recipes, food and fun.
I always love spending time with them
and being silly with them. 
They are amazing friends who can always be 
counted on even if we don't see each other 
as often as we wish we could.
I am truly blessed!

The Word...

Enos 1:3-8
"Behold, I went to hunt beasts in the forests; and the words which I had often heard my father speak concerning eternal life, and the joy of the saints, sunk deep into my heart. And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my foice high that it reached the heavens. And there came a voice unto me, saying: Enos, thy sins are forgiven thee, and thou shalt be blessed. And I, Enos, knew that God could not lie; wherefore, my guilt was swept away. And I said: Lord, how is it done? And he said unto me: Because of thy faith in Christ, who thou hast never before heard nor seen. And many years pass away before he shall manifest himself in the flesh; wherefore, go to, thy faith hath made thee whole."

I've always loved reading in the book of Enos.
Reading it today there are a few things that struck me.
His soul hungered.
He prays.
After some time,
He is forgiven and told he will be blessed
BECAUSE OF HIS FAITH IN CHRIST.
He was broken, but his faith in Christ
MADE HIM WHOLE.

How many times have I felt 
Broken.
Guilty.
Not enough.
Too much.
Horrible.
Sinful.
But.
BUT!
Having faith in Christ and his 
sacrifice and Atonement
has put me back together again.
Has helped me see the person
He created me to be.

Faith.
A simple solution.
It's not just believing something to be true.
It is an action.
I can't just believe I'll be put back together
by my Savior.
I have to put the work in.
Enos prayed "all the day long...
and when night came [he] 
did still raise [his] voice high 
that it reached the heavens."
I can't just say I have faith.
I get to put in the work.
I get to act to be made whole again.
I get to uncover the strength
I have been and can be
given through my Savior!
ACTION!
FAITH!

On my heart...

So today I was going through
the goals I had set for April
I realized that I was trying to
do some things that were not really
what's important for me,
My soul hungered.
Hungered for more than what I have been doing.
So after some thinking and some prayer
I realized I need to simplify.
I get to focus on the important things.
Instead of having a bunch of goals
that filled up my tending list,
I decided to choose a few to
focus my energy on.

My Handsome Guy was asking
me a few weeks ago
what I wanted to do now
that I've accomplished my old #1 goal
of getting married and having a baby.
At the time I didn't really have an answer.
Thinking about it today, 
I realized I still get to work on that goal
of having a husband and family.
It gets to continue on as we work together
to make it back to our Heavenly Father
and live as an eternal family.

Funny enough, my getting to read
The Christ-Centered Home
right now has been perfect for this time.
It has me thinking more
about what we are doing in our home
to work towards that goal.
All my goals for 2016 fit into that,
but I want to make sure that
when I write my goals for each month
that they align better with that goal.
What can I do to help my family 
create a Christ-centered home
that will help us be better and
remember the Savior.
So I have fewer goals this 
month, but they help me 
to work with my family.

Here are my daily goals:
*Write on Uncovering Strength.
*Daily scripture study.
*Keeping a prayer in my heart all day long.
*Daily chores to keep our house clean and inviting.
*Write in my Book of Evidences.

Weekly Goals:
*Christ-Centered FHE
*Date night/Family fun time

Monthly Goals:
*Finish reading the October 2015 General Conference addresses.
*Go to the temple.


I'm not quite finished thinking about it, 
so there could be more, 
but those are my goals to start with for this month.

God is good! He is there to help us accomplish anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment