Thursday, April 28, 2016

Love 9/100

Today I'm thankful for...



Today L has been in a very silly mood.
She has been laughing so hard
and being noisy and silly all night long.
I'm grateful for her silliness.
It makes us laugh so hard,
and it reminds me that the world
is a great place to be.

The Word...

Romans 8:35-39
"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, for thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.  For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any creature, shall be able to separate us for the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Nothing can take away or separate us from the love of Christ.  He gave everything for us. He loves us especially in our imperfectness. He knows how we can grow from the imperfectness.  He knows how we can grow from trials and challenges.  He walks with us daily. He is there carrying us, cheering us on, and celebrating with us when we finally succeed!

On my heart...

Today I have been quite busy, 
but in the busyness I've been
doing a lot of pondering.
I've been reading 
The Christ-Centered Home
by Emily Belle Freeman this week.
It has been amazing to learn from 
and to see things I've never thought 
of before.  I'm excited to start studying
it with Burk next week.
I've been realizing that there is 
so much more we can do to make
our home a place of refuge and 
a place to learn about and remember
the Savior everyday.
I have been feeling like if we
can start doing some of these
things now, when L is older
we'll have already been doing things
to help build her armor and
to help her resist temptation 
and be a righteous daughter of God.
I want that for her.
I know that it will be great for
Burk and I as well as we invite
the Savior to be the center
of  our home and our lives.
We will learn and grow and 
become stronger.

I've also been thinking about the goals
I set for myself for this month.
How many of them did I accomplish?
I'm going to dig in to my Powersheets
tomorrow and let you know then:0)

It's funny how life changes and
all of the sudden things start
working out without any help from me.

God is good!  He loves me unconditionally!

No comments:

Post a Comment