Saturday, May 7, 2016

Endure 18/100

Today I'm thankful for...

The past couple of days I've been
thinking how wonderful it is
that God created rainy day weather.
As it rolls in it looks beautiful.
And it makes for a cozy day
where you stay inside and
maybe get to rest.
I like to cuddle up with 
a blanket and a good book.

The Word...

Today's message comes from Elder Dallin H. Oaks talk from the October 2015 General Conference, "Strengthened by the Atonement of Jesus Christ
"Speaking of suome of his own mortal challenges, the Apostle Paul wrote, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13).
"And so we see that because of His Atonement, the Savior has the power to succor--to help--every mortnal pain and affliction.  Sometimes His power heals an infirmity, but the scriptures and our experiences teach that sometimes He succors or helps by giving us the strength or patience to endure our infirmities."

I was just telling My Handsome Guy (MHG from now on:0))
the other day that a lot of the scriptures I've been reading have
been talking about how a lot of the time the Savior
doesn't solve our problems right away, but we get to have patience.
He will give us the strength and patience we need to endure
whatever heartache or sickness or infirmity we have in our lives.


On my heart...
Today has been one of those days 
I've been feeling super depressed again.
I've been super tired and just generally 
not wanting to do anything.
I don't like feeling this way
because I tend to focus on
how I'm sitting around and
MHG is up doing all sorts of
things to clean the house.
I start feeling guilty 
and then I feel worse.
I've been feeling so good lately
that I think I forgot what
it was to feel this way.
I've been trying to think
of some good things that happened
today and the only things that I could
think of were things I thought
were stupid ordinary things
that were probably nothing.
Then I remembered that the 
"stupid ordinary things" 
are little moments of grace.
Tender mercies sent to show
me that heaven hasn't forgotten me.

I'm glad I decided to study that
chapter in "The Christ-Centered Home"
with MHG first!
It's kept me thinking about the
ordinary things in my life
and how they really are little
miracles and reminders of 
the Love of God and my Savior.
I saw it in L's smile when
I went to get her out of bed this morning.
I saw it in the mostly empty
grocery store on a Saturday.
I saw it in L playing in my lap
one second and zonked
out asleep the next.
I saw it in the rain-washed earth
as I looked out the window.

Grace and miracles are out there.
Disguised as ordinary moments
in our lives,
they are life changing if we take
the time to notice them!

No comments:

Post a Comment