Monday, May 16, 2016

27/100

Today I'm thankful for...

I think today I'm just grateful I made it
through the day without falling to pieces.
Some days are just like that and 
really if we didn't have them once
and a while we wouldn't 
appreciate the other days!

The Word...

2 Nephi 2:22-25
"And now, behold, if Adam had not transgressed he would not have fallen, but he would have remained in the garden of Eden. And all things which were created must have remained in the same state in which they were after they were created; and they must have remained forever, and had no end. And they would have had no children' wherefore they would have remained in a state of innocence, having no joy, for they knew no misery; doing no good, for they knew no sin. And behold, all things have been done in the wisdom of him who knoweth all things. Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy."

I've been thinking about this scripture the last couple of days.
It started with a book I was reading called Wild and Free.
It was written by two Christian women
who want to share their message of
living the life that God created us for.
It's a great book that I've enjoyed so far,
but parts of it have been hard for me to read
because as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter-Day Saints with the Truth that
I've learned from the Book of Mormon,
I have a different perspective on things than they do.
The chapter I was reading yesterday talked about
Eve and how if she hadn't have partaken of the fruit
that we'd all be living in the Garden of Eden today.
Yes, Eve did something Heavenly Father told her not
to do, but she did it so we could be.
And so we could experience joy and misery,
good and evil, and so much more that makes
up this mortal experience.
This life is a chance for us to learn and grow
so we can someday be a god like our Father in Heaven.


On my heart...

Today a verse in the same chapter of 2 Nephi
hit home for me too.
"For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so...righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad." (verse 11)
Days like today are good reminders
of how good the ordinary days really are.
I woke up this morning after having
one of the most horrible nightmares I've ever had.
I struggled from there wanting to do anything.
I was drowning in anxiety.
I was so bogged down with it,
it was like I couldn't function.
I didn't even think to pray.
That would have probably helped me immensely.
That makes me sad, but now the next
time I have another day like this I'll remember
to take it to my Heavenly Father.
He's the only one who could help
me get through it.

I feel more exhausted than normal.
Reading back through what I just wrote,
I feel like maybe my day wasn't
really as bad as I made it sound.
It got better when I got home from work.
I have a cute little L to keep me laughing.
I have a husband who does so much for me.
Most of the time, I lock up my feelings
and bad days and don't share them 
because I don't want to bother him.
I think I've always been that way to an extent.
It's almost like I think in my subconscious 
that if I pretend there's nothing wrong
everything will be fine.

I'm kind of scared to press publish
on this post...
Being vulnerable is not easy for me,
but I'm putting this out there.

A note to myself and anyone else out there
who needs to hear it.
There will be hard days.
Life is just like that.
If we didn't have the hard days,
we wouldn't appreciate the good days.
We wouldn't learn anything.
We wouldn't know joy if it hit us on the noggin.
We get to trust and have faith in Heavenly Father's
plan for our lives.
He knows what He's doing to help
shape us and to help us 
get through our natural man
and back to the center of who
he created us to be.
Pray.
Listen for answers.
He strengthens us to make
it through the hard days.
He allows us to go through
them so we can learn.
So we can appreciate what we have.
He loves us!

No comments:

Post a Comment