Friday, May 13, 2016

Build a boat. Okay! 24/100

Today I'm thankful for...


Springtime weather.
I love the rain.
I love the sunshine.
I love how there is more
sunlight during the day.
I am excited to have more
time soon so L and I can
get outside and have some fun.

Today at lunch I decided
to actually go sit down and
eat instead of eating while
I worked.
I had the outside patio all
to myself and it was
very nice:0)
The picture above was my
view of the sky.

The Word...

1 Nephi 17:7-9
"And it came to pass that after I, Nephi, had been in the land of Bountiful for the space of many days, the voice of the Lord cam unto me, saying: Arise, and get thee into the mountain. And it came to pass that I arose and went up into the mountain, and cried unto the Lord. And it came to pass that the Lord spake unto me, saying: Thou shalt construct a ship, after the manner which I shall show thee, that I may carry thy people across these waters. And I said: Lord, whither shall I go that I may find ore to molten, that I may make tools to construct the ship after the manner which thou hast shown unto me?"

Good old Nephi.
It never matters what the Lord
asks him to do. He knows that
the Lord will only ask him
to do things that the Lord will
help him accomplish.

He doesn't complain or
think there is no way
he can do it.
He's not a carpenter.
He's not a ship builder.
But he has faith.
The Lord says build a boat.
Nephi says okay where do I
get the supplies.

Sometimes I let my inner
goober take over and
start getting me to doubt
myself and forget that
I have the Lord's help.
The Truth sets me free
when I push the goober
away and listen to the Spirit.
He reminds me that I am
a daughter of God.
He reminds me to have faith
because with God nothing is
impossible.
He reminds me that the Lord
doesn't ask us to do things unless
He has a way prepared for us.

One of the chapter in
Emily Belle Freeman's
The Christ-Centered Home
talks about a Home of Grace.
I think that must be my
favorite chapter considering
it is the one I talk about the
most when I write about it.
It talks about how the ordinary
details of life are orchestrated
to remind us that we are
remembered by the Lord.
The scripture (Matthew 17:25-27) that goes with
the chapter is a story about Peter
wanting to pay taxes and in the
end Christ tells him to go cast a
hook in to the sea and
the first fish he catches
will have money in its
mouth to pay the taxes for
Christ and the apostles.

The Lord prepared
the way for that miracle
to happen.
He will prepare a way
for us to do the often
difficult things He asks
us to do in our lives.
All we have to do is have
faith and diligently
follow the commandments.

On my heart...


In looking back at some of my posts
I'm realizing that some of the post
titles don't necessarily fit what
I was really talking about.
I'm laughing about it.
It makes me happy.

Today I've been thinking
about how long the last
year has seemed.
In a good way.
Last year at this time
I was pregnant
and I was packing up my
stuff at my old school:'-(
I was getting stuff ready for L.

Now here I am.
With a 9 month old
who is starting
to stand by herself for longer
amounts of time everyday.
Packing up classroom
stuff again.
(Thanks to MfabulousHG
I get to be a full time mommy.)
The Lord is guiding me on
building my ship.
I keep reminding myself not
to tell the Lord that I've never
done it before or that I
don't have any expertise on
being a stay-at-home mom.
It scares me, but
I choose to be like Nephi
and ask for the Lord's
guidance.
He'll make a way for us
to accomplish what He's
asking us to do.

I'm sure next year I'll look
at my life and marvel
at what my Heavenly Father
has done with and for me.

It's pretty crazy how life
changes in such a short time.
I have a great life.
I'm very thankful for it!
Hurricane Boo Strikes Again!

No comments:

Post a Comment