Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Prayer 22/100

Today I'm thankful for...


Extra time at home with L today
was great!
She was enjoying helping
me study my scriptures
and sucking
on my notebook.

The Word...

First of all, I'm enjoying my new scriptures so much!
Being able to read the same words I've been reading for
many, many years and see things I didn't see
from my old marked up scriptures.
I think the things I'd written and underlined
were distracting me from learning new things.

Today I was reading in 1 Nephi 15.
There is some good stuff in there.

Nephi just got back from his vision of
the Tree of Life and so much more.
He is exhausted from his experience
and overcome by his afflictions.
He just saw the destruction of his people.
His heart is heavy.
And what does he come back to at the 
tent of his father?
His brothers. Arguing about
the things their father had told them.
In verse 6 it says,
"And it came to pass that after I had received strength I spake unto my brethren, desiring to know of them the cause of their disputations."
The footnote for the word "strength" had some scriptures
about Moses and Joseph Smith
and how after they have a vision
they are exhausted and have to take time
to get their strength back.
I thought it was interesting that Nephi
has this experience that exhausts him
and makes him feel afflicted and sad.
He hears his brothers arguing,
but waits until he has received strength
before he goes to help them.
I know that when I'm not feeling 
very strong sometimes it is better
if I get some strength back before 
I help others, so I can give them
my full attention and really be able 
to help them.

When he talks to them, he asks "Have ye inquired of the Lord?"
They reply with a no the Lord isn't going to tell us that.

I loved what Nephi said to them in verse 11,
"Do ye not remember the things which the Lord hath said?--If ye will not harden your hearts, and ask me in faith, believing that ye shall receive, with diligence in keeping my commandments, surely these things shall be made known unto you."

Do I harden my heart?
Do ask the Lord when I have questions
I would like answered?
Or do I get caught up in what
others are saying and arguing about?
I hope I can have the faith and diligence
I need to receive answers to my prayers.

On my heart...

I was kind of thinking today how
the last several days I haven't
been feeling all that great and
I haven't had much to say.
Today I've been thinking
all day about what I wanted
to say here.
...
I had something just now,
but got distracted and 
completely forgot.
I just have to laugh at myself
when this happens.

Well, it's still not coming back
to me..Maybe I'll remember for tomorrow.

God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment