Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Stretched Out Still 28/100

Today I'm grateful for...


Name day on our ABC countdown
for the end of school.
:0)
The kids walked around all afternoon
bowing to me and calling me 
"Your Majesty."
They were finding ways 
to call me that.
They thought it was hilarious.
The real laugh was mine!
:'-D

The Word...


In Isaiah 9 it says several times,
"his hand is stretched out still."
I've always loved that sentence.
When we make mistakes,
his hand is stretched out still.
When we forget to pray,
his hand is stretched out still.
When we yell at a family member,
his hand is stretched out still.
No matter what,
his hand is stretched out still!

I love the word "stretched"
in this scripture.
He's not just putting his hand out.
He's stretching it out.
He's reaching as far as He possibly can.

Do we reach out and take it?
Do we even see that He is there?
I know there are times when
I'm being distracted by all the
noise around me.
By social media.
I've been trying lately 
to put it away.
To unplug and play with 
L, rolling around on the 
floor laughing together.

Sometimes in all the distractions
I feel weak, but instead of
seeing Him with His outstretched hand,
I turn to more of the distractions
for strength to make it through.
But the truth is that the only
lasting strength we can find is
the strength he offers us in 
that simple stretched out hand.
It is "still" there waiting for 
us to stop, be still,
recognize, and reach out
for what He is offering.

On my heart...

I had a much better day today.
I'm still feeling exhausted, but
instead of choosing to 
wallow in my anxiety and fear,
I chose to focus on what I'm
grateful for in the day.
Gratitude is an amazing thing.
It can change my attitude during the day.
My day was full of thanking 
my Father in Heaven
for all the beautiful things
He placed in my life.
The golden sunshine in my
house as the sun peaks over
the mountains.
L's smile when I went to
go get her out of bed this morning.
L's laughter as we played.
The laughter and happiness
in my classroom as we 
called each other by new names.
The kiddos finding ways to call
me Your Majesty just because 
they thought it was funny.
Getting some exercise for my tired body.
Laughing at L as she got very
excited to see her cousin and
Noni on Facetime.
There is so much to be thankful
for each and every day.
If you choose to see the
hand of the Lord in your life
inviting you to look around
and recognize your blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment