Monday, June 13, 2016

Be of Good Cheer 55/100

Today I'm thankful for...

The crazy weather we've been having the last week.
I love thunder storms.
It's been nice to have a little break from the heat of June.

The Word

Doctrine and Covenants 78:18
"And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours."

Sometimes life seems rough.
We can't do it alone.
But be of good cheer!
Because the Lord
is leading us along.
And if we continue along
with Him we will be
blessed beyond anything
we can imagine!

On my heart...


Today when I pulled out my journal
and attempted to write,
I saw this poking out.
It's an angel feather I
got at Limitless.
A reminder to me that
I'm an angel.
This whole 100 day project
has been hard for me sometimes,
but there have been a few people
who have thanked me for 
what I've written that
has been an answer for them.
It's humbling to think
that little old me can be
used by my Heavenly Father to be
the means to answering others' prayers.

Some days I feel like I'm very much 
less than in my life.
I have all these grand plans
that I don't do for various reasons.
Sometimes I don't really study
my scriptures regularly.
Sometimes I get into bed
forgetting to pray.
Sometimes I don't pray in the morning.
Sometimes I don't think and pray with
a sincere heart with some real intent.
Sometimes I say things that I regret.
Sometimes I'm not very nice.

But.
BUT.
I am still here in earth school.
Learning and growing.
And luckily I have
an amazing older brother
who made it possible 
for me to repent and 
start fresh.
To keep trying to get 
things right.
To keep working on believing
in myself.

He also gives me an amazing
opportunity to share my journey
with others.

If I've learned anything while doing
this project it is that I am not alone.
There are so many people who
feel like I do.

When I share my thoughts,
I am sharing them with people
who know what I'm talking about.

So thank you dear reader.
You are an angel too.
The fact that you are still
here reading my blog after 55
days of me writing not always
stellar stuff helps me know
that I have truth to tell.

It helps me know that
I am not alone.
It helps me know that I
have a message the world
needs to hear.

It might not be a message
for everyone, but if
it is a message to give 
hope and strength to even
one person, it is worth
all the time and sacrifices
I make to write.

I'm so thankful for my beautiful life!
I am living my dream life right now!
And while it's not always perfect!
It is perfect for me in my 
perfect growth process.
I love my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment