Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Patience and Comfort in the Scriptures 50/100

Today I'm grateful for...

L cuddles!
She gets tired and climbs up onto my lap.
We spend a couple minutes talking and playing.
Then she drifts off to sleep.
I enjoy it too much to put her down.
So instead of getting on top off
the list I have with things I want to do,
I spend my time doing something much 
more precious: cuddling with my baby
and enjoying her warmth and cuteness.
People remind me all the time to enjoy
her while she's small.
I just smile and think to myself
that I am.
I am.

Morning nap:

Afternoon nap:


The Word...


Romans 15:4
"For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning,
that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope."

I think I've shared this verse before.
I love it!
One of the places that I get strength and
comfort is when I'm not just reading, 
but studying the scriptures
and words of the prophets.

I find notes like this all over from the past:



On my heart...

One of my goals this year is to immerse myself in God's Word.
Right now I'm doing pretty well, but it comes and goes in waves.
Tomorrow I want to try something new.
I was reading through parts of Emily Belle Freeman's book
The Christ-Centered Home: Inviting Jesus In.
In the chapter on "A Household of Scripture"
she mentioned that when her children were
still very young, she made the decision to read from
the scriptures every single day.
She said it wasn't easy, but she created some habits
to help her with that goal.
One of them was to always leave her scriptures
open to what she was reading with a pen to mark
and write insights in them.
She would take them with her from room to room
wherever her day took her, and when she found
a moment in her day to pause, she would 
read a verse or two.
She found that as she did this she 
wanted to read the word more.
She would also go back over
what she read before bed.

So I'm going to choose to do this tomorrow
and I'll let you know how it goes.
I think it will help me remember to
really study the Word. 
I get to also turn off the TV more often.
I've been better at this this week, but
I can still do better.

I know that at other times in my life 
when I have immersed myself in the scriptures,
I have felt them infuse me with the power
and strength from my loving Heavenly Father.
The power and strength I needed to face
my trials and fears head on.
It also helped me through all those
times when I got to wait on the Lord's timing
for blessings I wanted in my life.

I can't wait to see what this brings!
I love my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment