Thursday, July 7, 2016

Seasons 79/100

Gratitude


I'm grateful for L's
sweet laughter:0)

The Word

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace."

On my heart...

This scripture popped up
in my studies today.
It is such a good reminder
that there are seasons 
in life.
This had been something
that has been on my mind
for months now.

After I had L,
I had a hard time
adjusting to that new
season of my life.
I kept wanting to be
able to do all the things
I had been doing before.
All of the big goals.
But God showed me that
he had other plans for 
that season of my life.
I was in a season 
of waiting.

Waiting for a time 
to work on my big goals.
A time for waiting for
the answers I was 
searching for in my
new role as a mother.
A time of patience.

It was all worth it.
The waiting.
The wondering.
The depression.
The strength 
I've gained with
my Savior.

It lead me to a new path.
Answers I had been 
searching for for years.
That season of waiting
was preparing my soul
for something new.
Something better.
The somethings that 
God needs me to do.

Sometimes we get to
move into new seasons.
Sometimes we get to
just sit in the season
we are in and wait.
It's preparing us
for the unknown 
seasons ahead for us.
We are learning.
We are growing.
We are becoming.

I love my life!
God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment