Friday, July 15, 2016

#2 I am a Child of God 87/100

Gratitude



I know I say this a lot,
and I'm going to keep on saying it.
I am so grateful for this little girl.

The Word

Moses 1:13
"And it came to pass that Moses looked upon Satan and said: Who are thou? For behold, I am a son of God, in the similitude of his Only Begotten; and where is thy glory that I should worship thee?"

On my heart...

Just a quick note, that 
my top 15 are not in
any kind of order.

Yesterday when I was writing my post,
I loved how it related to knowing
our divine identity.
The Bible Dictionary said,
"As soon as we learn the true
relationship in which we stand 
toward God (namely, God is our
Father, and we are His children),
the at once prayer becomes natural
and instinctive on our part."

Knowing and discovering my divine identity
has been a huge part of uncovering
strength in my life.

One of the first times I really 
understood what that meant 
was when I was 19 and
living in Wuhan, China.
I went on a trip one weekend
and as I was standing on a street
full of so many people,
the Spirit testified of the
truth of the statement
I've always believed.
I am a daughter of God
and He knows and loves
me personally 
and intimately.
Here I was standing
on a crowded street with
countless people
and I knew that Heavenly
Father loves me individually.
That I am His daughter.
Nothing can separate me 
from that love (Romans 8:37-39).
Nothing I do and nothing
anyone else tries.

I was created in His image
and I have the potential 
to learn and grow and
become what He is.
A God.
A Creator of Worlds.
A Parent of spirit children.

To help me get there
He gave me gifts and
talents that I can develop.

But.
But.
Sometimes I choose
to listen to Satan's lies
about myself.
When he tells me
I'm not worthy.
When he tells me
I'm not good enough.
When he tells me
I'm dumb/fat/small.
Sometimes I listen
and I forget the Truth
about myself.
I forget that I am a 
daughter of God.
And in that forgetting
I feel yucky.
I feel lost.
I feel depressed.

When I catch myself feeling
that I way, I know I need
to go back to this basic
truth and remember the
Truth about me.

So what is the truth about me?
I am brilliant.
I am beautiful.
I am smart.
I am a radiant light shining with
the light of Christ in the darkness.
I am an inspirer.
I am a daughter of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment