Monday, July 18, 2016

90/100 #5 My Body is a Temple Part 1


L trying to get into her bumbo.  She won't get in when we try to put her there, but she's fine getting in herself. She's not even one yet, and she's already super independent! Love her!

Today I am thankful for...

I really am thankful for this body of mine.
I've really been struggling with loving
it since I had L.
I've gained a lot of weight and 
physically feel yucky,
and I'm starting to realize
that I struggled because
I'm mad at it for my high
blood pressure, which is
the reason L was in 
the NICU after she was born.
I'm working through these
limiting beliefs and learning
to love and take care of my
body again.

The Word

1 Corinthians 6:19
"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

On my heart...

My body is a temple of God.
It holds the Holy Ghost in it.
Not so long ago it also held
and nourished a sweet spirit
waiting to be born here.

When I started my belief breakthrough
journey 5-6 years ago,
one of the big things I learned was
that I get to treat my body like
a temple on the inside.
I got to feed it good food and 
exercise to keep it healthy and strong.

I have found that exercise is a huge
thing when I'm looking not just for
physical strength, but also when I'm
looking for spiritual and mental strength.
When I exercise, I feel energetic and happy.

I also learned that when I exercise I
actually feel closer to my Heavenly Father
and His Spirit.
I have received personal revelation
more readily when I've been 
taking care of my body this way.
It is amazing!

I haven't been good at this since 
a year ago when I had L.
I've had a hard time being motivated
to go out and exercise when I 
have to take the baby with me.

Last week I reconnected with 
a friend and we are choosing
to exercise together.
If you are struggling with this
find someone to do it with you.
It is so helpful to have a friend
to support and encourage you
in your fitness goals.
I'm so excited to have
someone to exercise with!

I love my life!
God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment