Saturday, July 16, 2016

88/100 #3 Scripture Study

Gratitude


Grateful to spend some time with MHG's family this weekend:0)


The Word

Romans 5:4
"For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope."

On my heart...

Comfort of the scriptures. 
Isn't that beautiful. 
There were times in my life
that I didn't treasure the scriptures 
as I do now. 
It was just one more thing 
That I "had" to do to 
look perfect. 
I would read them, 
But I wouldn't study them. 
Then I started a serious study of them
and they became one of my greatest treasures. 
I learned the truth of the phrase
we often hear that if we want
to talk to God we should pray. 
If we want God to talk to us 
we should read the scriptures. 

I started finding answers in them. 
I started finding comfort written on their pages. 
I started finding strength from them. 

Now I'm not perfect at this, 
but I know it makes a big difference in my life
when I study the scriptures. 
When I don't, those are
the days I don't feel strong. 

I love my life!
God is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment