Monday, May 9, 2016

20/100

Today I am thankful for...


I'm thankful for a night
set aside to study the Gospel
with my family and
learn and grow together.
Tonight we were reading a
conference talk and L wanted
to get up on the couch too.
She then proceeded to 
climb all over MHG and me.
I couldn't even get a good
picture she was moving around so much.
Luckily we can laugh about 
it right now.
It gave us a glimpse of
what FHE is going to be like
with L around.

The Word...

Jacob 4:7
"Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace, and his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things."

He helps us by letting us see our weaknesses.
Then we can see how His grace gives us power and strength
to do all things that He will ask of us.

On my heart...

I was just laying on the floor
staring off into space.
Thinking of how I don't feel very well.
And how tired I am.
And how I really just wanted to 
go to bed right now instead
of writing, but I reminded 
myself that since starting this
project, I have actually been 
feeling a lot better.
So I got up and turned on 
the computer.
And here I sit.
Writing.
Listening to all the noises of
my house. 
There are a lot of them.
They've just become background
noise to me. Noises that I don't
really hear unless I'm actually
listening specifically for them.
The hum of the refrigerator.
The buzz of the light bulbs.
The cat drinking and eating.
The tapping of the keys
on the keyboard.
I remember the last time
the power went out.
Our house was deathly silent.
It was nice.
I had never really thought
about how loud everything 
was before.
I sometimes wonder if that
could be how my life is.
Lots of background noise.
Things on around me all the time
that I don't pay attention to 
unless I really stop and listen.
And realize that they are taking
away from my peace.
They are keeping me from 
hearing the important things.
hmm...
something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment