Thursday, May 12, 2016

"Should" 23/100

Today I'm thankful for...

Excedrin Migraine is my friend.
I remember a few years ago when
they pulled it from the shelves
because it had gotten other medicine
mixed in with it or something
of that nature. 
It was not a pleasant time for me
when I took the last of it that I had.
Today I could pull it out of my 
cupboard to take it.
Now I'm not in as much
pain as I was this afternoon.

The Word...

1 Nephi 16:29
"And thus we see that by small means the Lord can bring about great things."
How true is that?!
In this scripture Nephi is talking about
the Liahona and how it directs them
according to their faith and diligence.
It got me thinking about the scriptures.
Studying them daily is such a small thing,
but Heavenly Father uses them
to bring to pass great things!
He gives us answers to prayers.
He gives us direction.
He gives us comfort.
He gives us hope.
He gives us STRENGTH!
All through these little books
that we can carry around with
us in our phones!

It also makes me think of
how small I feel sometimes.
But with the Lord working
through me He can bring about
GREAT THINGS!

On my heart...

Today I've been thinking a lot about goals.
Sometimes I get so absorbed in all
the "should"s of my life that
I forget that my goals don't
have to revolve around all 
those things I feel I "should"
be doing with my time.
I realized that I get to 
celebrate life and make sure
that I have some fun things as
my goals.
I think that part of the reason
I feel so unmotivated and 
yucky lately is because
I've been focusing on
things that I "should" be doing 
instead of things that I enjoy.
Things that "fire me up" as 
Lara Casey says.
One of the pages in my 
Powersheets is all about writing
down what fires you up.
At the bottom of the page it says,
"Do more of what fires you up!"
I plan on it!



Here's a few things on my list:
-cuddles with MHG and L
-coaching/mentoring
-writing
-journaling
-baby giggles
-hot showers
-sunsets
-hugs
-rain
-using lots of colors
-kisses
-rainbows
-reading inspiring books

What fires you up?

No comments:

Post a Comment