Wednesday, May 4, 2016

My Wish for Her 15/100

Today I'm thankful for...


This sweet little soul!

The Word...

Alma 56: 47-48
"Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them. And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it."

This is the type of mother I hope to be.
The most important thing they taught their
children was to trust in God and
He would deliver them.
I often imagine these mothers.
I'm sure they weren't perfect,
but they lived their lives in grace.
They relied on Heavenly Father
to lead them and help them
to raise their children up in the Lord.
I'm sure they felt imperfect sometimes.
We all do, but they didn't just
teach with their words.
They taught with their actions.
The best kind of teaching!

On my heart...

Every year at the end of the school year
 I do an ABC countdown to the end of the year.
Tomorrow is the letter "F" Favorite Photo Day.
I started going through some photos from
the last year and almost cried.
My little L is getting so big.
In the pictures of her in the NICU
and right after, she was so tiny.



Seeing her in her little newborn 
sized pajamas that were too big for her.
If I tried to put them on her now,
she wouldn't be able to get her arms
or legs through the holes.
She's getting so big.
Then I started thinking about
all she went through in her first four months
of life. Having her in the NICU was hard for
us and she scared us several times after
she had come home when she'd hold
her breath in the middle of the night
and make her monitor go off.



I have a friend right now who
has a baby in the NICU
and seeing her pictures has 
brought back all those memories.
I'm praying for her little guy
to keep growing strong.
My little L recovered nicely.
Even the doctor says he keeps
forgetting she had a rough start.
I'm so thankful for her everyday.
She is seriously the sunshine in our home.
Her little smile instantly makes us feel happy.
She has taught us so much the last nine months!
I can't wait to see what else she will do in her life!
And at the same time I want her to stay little.

She's keep growing and becoming even more amazing.
I just know it.
Last night as I was laying in bed
trying to sleep I started imagining her
all grown up and taking on the world.
With the personality I already see in her,
I imagine she will be a strong, righteous
daughter of God who will do so 
much to help build the kingdom!

I have so many wishes and hopes for her.
I want her to have a strong testimony
of the Gospel and the Savior.
I want her to be able to see the
ordinary everyday miracles in her life.
I want her to grow strong and healthy.
I want her to be faithful
and have a heart full of gratitude.
I want her to know that she can
trust in God always.
I want her to know that I'll always
be there for her no matter what.
I want her to have a beautiful life
no matter what her learning experiences.
There is so much more I could write down!
I love her and I'm thankful to be
L's mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment