Wednesday, May 25, 2016

For Her 36/100

Today I am grateful for...


I am so grateful that I know how to read!
Those of you who know me,
know I love books and reading.
I'm so excited to share that love with my L!

The Word...

2 Nephi 25:26
"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."

A big part of why I write this blog
is to help L and any other children
we may have to know that
I have a testimony of Christ.
That I can see his hand in my life
and be grateful for this beautiful
life that is mine to choose.
I write so that they can 
see that Christ is the only 
way to get back to our eternal home.
I think of how important it was
in my life to hear the testimony
of my parents and how it had
a direct influence on my testimony.
They weren't perfect, 
but they turned to Christ in their
imperfections and relied on Him.
I hope to show my children
that we all have weaknesses.
None of us is perfect, 
but with Christ
and His Atonement
and His Grace,
we can become perfect
as He is perfect.

On my heart...

I've been thinking a lot 
today about my sweet L
and what I am teaching her.
Like I said above, I want
her to know my testimony
and to help her develop
her own testimony of Christ.

This last weekend at Limitless
there was a young girl
maybe 6 or 7 who was there
with her parents.
She participated and shared
in many of the activities.
She was a bright sweet kid.
On the last night,
we had an activity
where we share a message
with everyone in a group.
The message we believed 
they needed to hear.
I chose to think about
what I felt like Heavenly Father
wanted them to hear that night.
It was amazing
that I got a different message
to tell each person.
The one that touched me the
most was this little girl
who ended up being my group.
I watched her whisper into
each person's ear as they walked by.
The messages she shared
were simple and sweet
and pure coming from her
pure beautiful heart.
As I watched her start down
the line I couldn't help 
but think about L.
How I want to fill her
life with beauty and faith.
With purity and light.
With a knowledge of her
divine nature
and her purpose on earth.

How I wanted her to be surrounded
with angels like this little 
girl now was walking among our group.
How I wanted her to be an angel.
Always lifting others up
and helping them see.
As I thought all of this,
I could see her doing exactly 
that living in her soulful brilliance!

My daughter is such a light.
She's not very old, but
I knew from early on
that she was a being so
full of light and love
that people flock to her.
If she's already like this as 
a ten month old,
I can only imagine the
amazing daughter of God
she will continue to develop
into as she grows.

I feel like my growth process
that has gotten me 
to this point in my life
wasn't just for me.
It was for her.
I get to learn all these amazing
things so that I can be
the best mother for her.
So she can be part of the
most amazing group of 
youth the world has ever seen.
So she can be the light on a hill
she is meant to be.
So she can resist sin 
and temptation
and continue on her path
in light and love.

I'm so blessed to have
this sacred purpose 
here with her.
I pray everyday that 
I can become what she
needs me to be to help her.
I feel peace in the knowledge
that she was sent to me 
because I am the mother 
she needs and she
is one of my great teachers
in this life.
I waited a long time to be able to
have a husband and a family.
It is such a blessing to have 
my amazing family!

My new belief today...

My life is beautiful!
I am beautiful!
I am loved!
I am an amazing mother!
I love my life!
I am worthy!
I am limitless!

No comments:

Post a Comment