Thursday, June 9, 2016

Be Still 51/100

Gratitude

Today I'm grateful for these empty laundry baskets.
I hate folding laundry and it usually sits in the baskets
for way too long before I break down and get it put away.
We have clean laundry and empty baskets.
I guess we had empty baskets,
I just remembered there is a load in the dryer ready
to be folded and but away.  LOL


The Word...

Doctrine and Covenants 101:16
"Therefore, let your hearts be comforted concerning Zion; for all flesh is in mine hands; be still and know that I am God."

A few years ago, one of my friends
who does a lot of healing work
made some cards called Healing Cards.
It's a deck of beautifully painted cards
(painted by another friend)
with messages of hope and healing on the back.
I found them today as I was cleaning out a box.
So I said a little prayer that I'd pick one that
had a message I needed to hear today.
Of course I picked the perfect card!
It said,
"Be Still

"Sometimes when you are surrounded in 
chaos, the most important thing you can be,
 is still. Today spend some time outside in
 nature or in meditation, sit quietly and listen.
Be still."

It was a good reminder to me that I need
to take some time to just be still.
To just listen.
To be able to hear what 
the Lord is trying to tell me.

I especially needed to hear it this week.
L has been very clingy this week
and with all of the things I've
been trying to do as well,
I've felt a little bit surrounded by chaos.
Worrying about things that can keep
for just a moment while I pause.
While I am still.

On my heart...


This little girl finally fell asleep today just like this.
It wasn't to last.
I went to put her in her crib and the cat followed
me into the room, meowed, and woke her up.
It was a short 30 minute nap, but still a nap!

So my plan for reading my scriptures
didn't really work out for me.
I ended up downstairs going through
boxes in our extra room to pare down 
all of the stuff I have in there.
I did a pretty good job.
I've got my keepsake stuff from my life
down to one box!
I used to keep everything, so it has been a 
huge stretch for me the last several years
to go through it and send some of it on its
way to keepsake heaven.
I feel a lot better about how much stuff
I have sitting in storage now.
Well, personal stuff.
My school stuff is another situation all together

I'm off to study my scriptures now.
Tomorrow I will try again 
to carry my scriptures around
while I'm doing things
and find moments to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment