Thursday, June 16, 2016

Toilet Seats and Greatness 58/100

Gratitude

This one is kind of weird, 
but stick with me.
Today I'm grateful that
MHG replaced our toilet seat yesterday.

See I told you weird, right?
Back in February when
I was super depressed
I had just gotten back from
a doctor's appointment
where I realized how bad
my weight gain really was
after having a baby.
I sat down on the toilet
seat and the lid broke off
of the seat part.
For the last several months
it has been taunting me 
reminding me of my weight.

Yesterday MHG put on a new
toilet seat and I feel free!
So it's crazy,
but I'm super grateful for that.

The Word

Psalm 138:3
"In the day when I cried thou answeredst me, and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul."


On my heart...

Yesterday I had planned on writing
this amazing post, but by the
time everyone had left my birthday party
I was tired and had a pretty bad
headache, so I didn't write much.
Now I'm not sure I can live up
to what I was thinking about writing.
Let's find out!

Yesterday being my birthday,
I was thinking about 
what has been the most important thing
I've learned in the last 33 years.
There are lots of little lessons.
It was hard to choose one, 
but then I remembered what had
happened starting at around midnight yesterday.

L had  been sleeping so well through
the night this week that I just
figured she would that night too,
so I could enjoy a good night's
rest before having fun on my birthday.
At around midnight,
She woke up screaming.
I went in and got her to sleep again,
but every time I would put her in
her crib she would wake up crying again.

I really let my half asleep mind
get me worked up about it.
I started getting mad because
I was never going to have a 
day to do the things I wanted again.
I was not going to get a good night's
sleep before my birthday.
It wasn't fair.
And on and on like that.

I finally got so upset.
I laid her down in her crib
and told MHG that I was done.
He then got up and spent a couple
hours trying to get her to sleep.
He fed her, took her for a drive
and several other things before she
finally would sleep when he put
her in her crib.
The entire time he was doing it
I wasn't sleeping
because I was laying there
feeling guilty for thinking
any of the thoughts I had been
thinking and to top that off
my sweet husband who
had to be up at 5 to get ready for work
was now spending hours 
trying to get the baby to sleep.
My guilt was on overdrive.
I kept thinking about how
I was a horrible mother
and other not so pretty thoughts.
I really love my daughter
and I love that I get to take care of her
and teach her and watch her grow.

So as I was thinking of what the biggest 
lesson I have learn in my life so far
was, this situation popped
in my head and I realized
that the most important thing
is that we get to make mistakes.
Then it is our choice 
whether we learn from them
and use them to learn and grow
into our greatness.
Or we can bemoan our lives
and feel guilty that we're not
doing as well as we think we should.

The only reason I am the amazing
woman I am today is because
I made a lot of mistakes that
have helped me learn and
grow into my greatness.
I still have a lot of
time here in earth school
to make new mistakes and
grow even more in to my greatness.
I'm thankful for all the hard learning
experiences I've had in my life.
They have lead me to this marvelous
journey I walk everyday.
They have lead me to seeing
myself through my Heavenly 
Father's eyes (at least partially)
and living in my greatness.
My Soulful Brilliance,

I love my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment